If you couldn’t tell by now, I really like the allrecipes.com Dinner Spinner! It makes finding recipes and cooking so easy!
I went to Acme to do some grocery shopping and found buy one, get one free chicken breasts at $6.99. So I looked up chicken recipes on the Dinner Spinner and found Chicken Piccata.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 (4-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt, and pepper. Flatten chicken to 1/2-inch thickness; place in bag, one piece at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown chicken in butter. Stir in whine or broth. Bring to boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 12-15 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Drizzle with lemon juice.
I also bought a bag of steam vegetables for $3.99 which brings the meal to a total of only $11.00!